Many people, including San Antonio injury lawyers, believe that hiring a successful personal lawyer for dealing law stuff is enough which is not entirely true. There are other factors in law and ways in which you can also help your personal attorney during he/she is dealing your case problem. In spite of solely depend on your personal attorney, you can also help them by doing some small things regarding your injury case.
Here I am giving you the eight tips through which you can help your car accident attorney in San Antonio, and will not be totally depended on them.
1. Don’t talk about your case.
Avoid talking to anybody about your case. Discuss your case only with your legal team and your family members. Remember, be it any circumstance do not discuss your case with anyone especially with the potential witnesses, insurance claim representatives, or even your close buddies. As whatever you say might be misconstrued as well as can be used against you.
2. Get appropriate medical health
Don’t neglect your medical treatment as well as keep your medical appointments and documents safely. Do not by any chance lose them; they will be useful in future for your case. Also explain your condition and complaints to your doctor thoroughly but honestly.
3. Get photos of your injuries
Take photographs of your injuries on a weekly basis. It might come in use.
4. Inform your attorney informed about your recovery and treatments
Give your personal attorney the names and other details of your doctor, physicians and other medical personnel. Inform your attorney in case: your condition improves or worsens.
If you are diagnosed with complications of your initial injuries or additional injuries related to your accident. And lastly if your doctor approves that you are medically fit now.
5. Save these items
1. All correspondence or documents from your attorney.
2. List and copies of all your medical treatment, prescriptions, medical bills and other documents related to the medical expenses due to your accident.
3. A record of your lost income or say wages.
4. List if the witnesses
5. Pill bottles as well as other medication containers
6. Copies as well as negatives of all photos connected with your injury.
6. give copies of your medical bill to your attorney
Send your attorney a copy of every medical bill you incur, whether it is paid by you or your health insurance carrier or some other parties.
7. keep your attorney informed about witnesses
Tell your attorney about every witness, change of address of witnesses, or any other information about witnesses who either saw you getting injured or can testify about how these injuries has affected your life.
8. make sure your attorney can always reach you
Advise your attorney about any change in your address, telephone number marital status or employment. Your attorney can need any information about you any time make sure he/ she does not have to face any sort of problem regarding your personal information or your contact details. Your attorney would be the first person to know about any change.
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a truck or company vehicle, a San Antonio truck accident lawyer can help you protect your rights.